There were some mildly positive murmurs about last week’s schedule change to Friday, so we’re going to try it for one more week before deciding on whether to move things back to Wednesday. Unsurprisingly, this week’s show is going to be about Lebanon’s attack on the IDF, and about the elements in the LAF trying to start another war with the Israel. Lebanon has already admitted that the order for the ambush came from the upper echelons of the army, and the planning may have gone higher than that.
At 4:30pm you’ll be able to tune in live to One Jerusalem Radio’s Omri Ceren Show on Blog Talk Radio either by going to the main show page or by visiting the page for this afternoon’s episode. The chat room and switchboard will both be open. Official blurb:
Omri covers this week’s border clash between Lebanon and Israel, where Lebanese soldiers ambushed Israeli troops on Israel’s side of the border, killing one IDF colonel and critically injuring an IDF captain. The attack is part and parcel of a broader effort by the Iranian axis to destabilize the Middle East, a campaign that is focused on Israel and that has intensified in recent weeks. Segments include: media efforts to lock in an anti-Israel narrative before the facts emerged, the role of anti-Israel foreign policy experts in laying the groundwork for the crisis, and the complicity of United Nations peacekeepers in the incident.
The intro segment will cover what China’s doing on Iran sanctions and why they feel so confident doing it. Apparently there are global actors who are too dependent on Iranian energy to hop aboard a sanctions regime, and some of them are too big to be persuaded otherwise. If only the Obama administration could have known that before they spent a year and a half blustering about aggressive diplomacy or whatever.
That will lead nicely into the Iran segment where – predictably, given the structural barriers to robust economic disincentives – the Iranians seem unmoved by the administration’s “real sticks.” So now Obama’s back to offering “real carrots.” Because that hasn’t been tried yet.
* Lebanese commander ordered sniper attack [SMH]
* After Lebanon Border Ambush, Reuters First Out Of The Gate With Demonstrably False Anti-Israel Propaganda [Mere Rhetoric]
* Did Lebanon Use American Weapons To Attack Israel? [Mere Rhetoric]
* During Lebanese Ambush, Some UNIFIL Members Did Not Even Bother To Stick Around (Updated) [Daled Amos]
* Lebanese Complicity [One Jerusalem Radio's Omri Ceren Show]
* China rejects U.S. pressure on Iran trade ties [Reuters]
* Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance [AP]
* Teheran defiant in new documents [JPost]
* Obama getting head-faked by Iran again? [Hot Air]