The word you’re looking for is pathological, from the Greek pathos meaning “suffering,” logia meaning “study,” and ical meaning totally batshit crazy:
The Islamist rulers of the Gaza Strip have ordered lingerie shops to display more modesty… the Hamas-run police force has told stores selling women’s underwear to remove scantily-clad mannequins and any posters of racy undergarments. “These measures have stemmed from complaints and pressure by ordinary people. They have to do with upholding our traditions,” police spokesman Ayman Al-Batniji said Wednesday.
This will not do much to bolster the assurances of Western academics and journalists that – contrary to deceit-soaked Zionist propaganda – Hamas is actually a secular civil society movement. It was already a strained claim given how the Iranian proxy seems committed to persecuting women and digging up dead Christians in the name of Islam, but this obviously won’t help. Nor will the recent Hamas decrees which banned women from smoking water pipes and gender segregated Gaza hair salons, the technical Koranic justification for both crackdowns being that “girls are icky.”
Do you think that creeping Islamization came up in the pro-Hamas video game that human rights groups made about life in Gaza? Because I checked and I couldn’t find any mention, but it’s a pretty pervasive part of the experience. It’d be tough to miss, is what I’m saying.
* Hamas targets women’s underwear in modesty drive [Reuters]
* Times Online: These Hamas Guys Are Actually OK Dudes, “Gaza Is A Secular Society” [Mere Rhetoric]
* Media Outlets Shocked To Find Hamas Imposing Islam, Digging Up Dead Christians Because They “Pollute The Earth” [Mere Rhetoric]
* Hamas bans water pipes for Gaza women [AFP]
* Hamas bans men from working in women’s hair salons in Gaza [Ha'aretz]
* Gaza video game highlights enclave’s hazards [France24]