Libya has apparently decided that, if they’re going to have a seat on the UN Human Rights Council, they’re going to own it. So in between using the UNHRC to spread antisemitic organ harvesting libels, they’ve dispatched a ship in the direction of Gaza. This is actually the second time in three years that they’ve tried to break the Israeli blockade, the intention being to establish a pipeline between Hamas and their Tehran sponsors and to build an Iranian port on the Mediterranean Sea. Because the Iranians, they’re humanitarians too.
When Israel intercepted the Turkish flotilla two months ago, it took five or six news cycles before the media’s beatific unarmed activists were proven to be lunatic death-worshiping jihadists. By then the anti-Israel narrative had already hardened, though Reuters gamely kept trying to hide the evidence and the New York Times continued hyperventilating about how “angry Israeli commandos” turned a “ship of protesters into a bloodbath” – just in case.
Now there’s this Libyan ship Amalthea, which may or may not end up reaching Israel. If it does, and if there’s a confrontation, the media coverage won’t exactly swing wildly in Israel’s direction. Instead you’ll see the same mostly lame attempts to whitewash the same mostly pathological jihadists. Except in this case there’s already tape on the whole lunatic death-worshiping thing, courtesy of an Al Jazeera interview with one of the passengers.
Here then, is the evidence that the media will be ignoring tomorrow, today:
Within the last year the Libyans have also prevailed upon the international community to elect one of their own as the UN General Assembly President. That happened after Gaddafi gloated over the release of arch terrorist al-Megrahi and accused Jews of fomenting all of Africa’s problems, but before the Libyans released 88 Al Qaeda-linked terrorists, kidnapped a couple of Swiss citizens, declared a jihad against Switzerland. These tools don’t even need insane global anti-Israel hostility to cow the international community into taking their side.
But it’ll certainly help.
* Libya elected to U.N. Human Rights Council [JTA]
* NGO Urges UN to Stop Circulating ‘Israeli Organ Blood Libel’ [UN Watch]
* Israel Largely Unamused By Libya’s Gaza Boat Publicity Stunt [Mere Rhetoric]
* MSM: Why Should Facts Be Allowed To Get In The Way Of Our Anti-Israel Narrative? [Mere Rhetoric]
* Gaza Flotilla’s Spring Break Intifada Goes Awry, Turns Into Ambush Meant To Kidnap And Kill Israeli Commandos [Gallery] [Mere Rhetoric]
* Reuters Withdraws Cropped Anti-Israel Photos, Inserts Biased Anti-Israel Captions Instead [Mere Rhetoric]
* NYT: “Angry Israeli Commandos” Turned “Ship Of Protesters Into Bloodbath” [Mere Rhetoric]
* Conflicting reports at sea [JPost]
* Libyan wins post of UN General Assembly president [WaPo]
* Libya broke promise not to celebrate Lockerbie release, says Kenny MacAskill [Sunday Times]
* Libya releases 88 terrorists with al-Qaeda ties [Hot Air]
* Libya’s Gadhafi Declares Holy War Against Switzerland [Der Spiegel]