Each week, the members of the Watchers Council nominate one of their own posts and a second from outside the Council for consideration by other council members in a contest for the week’s best post. Last week’s submissions – helpfully rounded up by Council member Joshuapundit under the title “He’s Bowing And Scrapin’, We’re All Watching Palin…” – set up a week of insane but not entirely unpredictable unhinged leftwing venom.
Just to sum up where the liberal catechism now stands, updated through last week: (1) it is vitally important to be concerned about the “hearts and minds” of Muslims who would have us abandon measures like drone attacks, where we kill terrorists (2) it is “cowardly” to be concerned about the “hearts and minds” of Muslims who welcome bringing KSM to NYC, a move jihadists are gleefully anticipating and (3) what’s actually “dangerous” and worthy of non-cowardly fear – per the campaign brownshirts who became Obama’s Organizing for America – is Palin’s book tour.
Your intellectual and moral superiors at work.
Not coincidentally, the winners from last week’s nominations revolved around this theme of deeply revelatory liberal incoherence. Bookworm Room had the top post, unpacking of how our super-keen Vulcan can be having so much trouble. The runner up was The Razor with a post about the ignorance of the Obama administration. Those are where you’ll want to start, and all of the posts – listed after the jump – are worth taking a look at.
* Soccer Dad – I am not a schnook
* Joshuapundit – The Afghan Shuffle
* Right Truth- When Muslims Attack
* Bookworm Room – The perils of an affirmative action president
* The Provocateur – The definitive dossier of Dr. Chacko
* The Colossus of Rhodey – The Messiah still in “blame the US” mode in Japan
* The Razor – The Ignorance of the Obama Administration
* Rhymes With Right – On Judicial Confirmations
* The Glittering Eye – Setting Priorities on Carbon Reduction
* Mere Rhetoric – Carter II: Obama’s Losing Turkey To Political Islam
* Another Black Conservative – Doug Hoffman Unconcedes NY 23 Race
* Submitted By: The Watcher – Powerline- Blind Pig finds Acorn
* Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Middle East Strategy at Harvard - How the Saudis radicalized U.S. troops
* Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Melanie Phillips – Everything’s Clear To Me Now
* Submitted By: Right Truth – GrEaT sAtAnS GiRlFrIeNd – 2nd Hand Buzz
* Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Flopping Aces – America’s War of Aggression Against Muslims Confirmed by Abuse Photos
* Submitted By: The Provocateur – The Rosisitance – The lawyer in the White House and the spy in federal prison giving away national security secrets
* Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – The American – Economic Prosperity: A Step of Faith
* Submitted By: The Razor – Common Cents – A Tale Of Two Bows
* Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Big Government – Obama Ally Code Pink targets children of military families for abuse
* Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Thomas Lifson/American Thinker – Obama’s Botched Bow
* Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – HotAir Pundit – President Obama vs. The Rest of the World Greeting The Emperor of Japan
* He’s Bowing And Scrapin’, We’re All Watching Palin..
* Time For Another “Liberals Bragging About Their Pathological Hatred For Palin” Post [MR]
* The Drone War [New America Foundation]
* Conservative cowards [Kos]
* Stunner: 9/11 Maniacs to Use Trial to Rant Against America [JWF]
* Obama’s Digital Brownshirts Turned Loose On Barbara West [MR]
* Obama organizing group: Palin book tour “dangerous” [Hot Air]