Shari Arison is the richest Israeli, the richest woman in the Middle East, and the only woman in the region’s top 20. She also goes through men like socks:
Bank Hapoalim owner Shari Arison announced Wednesday she will divorce her husband of six years, Ofer Glazer… [she] met Glazer in 2003. He is her third husband. They married that year, but a few months later Glazer was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault. He was convicted and sentenced to six months in prison, which he served in 2007.
In Iran, by contrast, 80 year old women can’t even get married without the permission of fathers who abandoned them as 2 year olds. Marriage is much easier in Saudi Arabia, where prepubescent girls are married off with some regularity and where doctors have to cling to legal loopholes to prevent 5 year olds from being sold off.
Do you think there’s any chance that Western feminists – motivated by identity politics as they ostensibly are – are driven by something other than levelheaded analysis when they decry imagined Israeli crimes but apologize for Islamic anti-women atrocities? Any chance at all?
References and previously after the jump…
* Shari Arison, Mideast’s wealthiest woman, to divorce husband [Ha'aretz]
* Iran: 80-Year-Old Woman Blocked From Marrying Childhood Sweetheart Until Dad Says Yes….. [Elder of Ziyon]
* 10-year old Saudi girls over the hill [Elder of Ziyon]
* Saudi family tries to marry off 5 and 11 year old daughters [Elder of Ziyon]
* Hey Gals, Check This Out – In Saudi Arabia You Can Be Sold As A One Year Old Bride But You Can’t Get Divorced Till After Puberty [MR]
* Hey Gals, Check This Out – In Saudi Arabia New Communications Tech Is Not Your Friend [MR]
* Just A Reminder: Progressive Anti-Israel Activist Groups Are Kind Of Incoherent, Suspiciously Unseemly [MR]
* Hey Gals, Check This Out – If You’re In Lebanon You Have To Ignore Sexist Muslim Atrocities And Hysterically Call For Anti-Jewish Genocide Instead
* Hey Gals, Check This Out – If You’re A Young Egyptian Girl Your Dad Will Offer You To Pathetic Iraqi Shoe Throwers
* Israel, Muslim World Approaching International Woman’s Day From Different Angles