You’re Hamas. You’re pretty psyched about getting Palestinian women and children killed. Problem: Israel’s new stock of small-diameter smart bombs and its ongoing humanitarian efforts have ensured that well below 15% of the casualties have been women and children. Of course you can have photojournalists make it up but eventually one of them is going to get caught. Solution: have Palestinian women and children kill themselves:
Following are excerpts from footage of Hamas female martyrdom-seekers in Gaza, which aired on Al-Aqsa TV on December 30, 2008. Masked woman clad in explosives belt: “I, the martyrdom-seeker Umm Suheib, have dedicated myself for the sake of Allah, and for the sake of redeeming my family, from which I have lost eight martyrs so far. I swear by Allah that I will turn my body parts into a fire that will burn the occupation soldiers, if they move towards my house… There are thousands of martyrdom-seeking women like me,… Second masked woman holding a rifle: “… We, the women, will set out. We are the granddaughters of Yassin, Al-Bana, and Al-Qassam. We are all the daughters of Palestine, the daughters of steadfast Gaza. We will set out, booby-trapped. From every home, a bomb will set out… We will blow ourselves up among those traitors, those apes and pigs.”
It’s a near-certainty that in the fog of urban warfare – where Israeli soldiers will be going house to house under the strictest rules of engagement – at least a few of these women will get close enough to blow themselves up. The media coverage of their “bitter acts” – exploiting Israeli ethics to kill Israeli soldiers – will be filled with hand-wringing about how their family members had previously been engaged by the IDF. And by “family members” let’s be clean in advance that they mean “brainwashed children”:
More on Hamas’s cradle-to-early-grave brainwashing – from religious indoctrination to Holocaust denial – here. It’s only a matter of time before Iran manages to do something with their own vaunted 20,000 student suicide bomber army. Expected headlines: “Iranian civilian killed in Israel.”
References and previously after the jump…
* Video: Hamas Brags About Using Women And Children As Human Shields [MR]
* Women and children deaths pretty low [Elder]
* Anti-Israel Photojournalists Struggling To Cope With Extensive Israeli Humanitarian Measures, Low Palestinian Collateral Damage [MR]
* Hamas Women Vow to Become ‘Martyrdom-Seekers’ and Blow Themselves Up Among ‘the Apes and Pigs’ [MEMRI]
* Palestinians Training Kids to be Suicide Bombers [US News]
* Iranian Hardliner Students Beg Regime to Become Suicide Bombers [Gateway Pundit]
* How Do Palestinians Know Where They’re Supposed To Send Human Shields To?
* Israeli Justice Ministry Unamused By Latest Amnesty Smear
* We Are Unimpressed by Amnesty International’s Condemnation Of Israel. In Fact, We Think It’s Kind of Ugly.