Hospitals, schools, and holy buildings – three places that humans have worked for 2,500 years to insulate from anything military. Hamas, on the other hand, treats hospitals as army bases and weapons depots…
Israel’s Channel One News reported on Monday evening that Hamas is hiding its most potent missiles under Gaza City’s main hospital. Israeli officials are discussing how to destroy the massive cache of Grad missiles. One of the rumored options is to give the Palestinians three hours to evacuate the hospital before Israeli jets destroy the building and the weapons warehouse beneath.
… while Palestinian civilians are going to them to murder other Palestinian civilians:
There is probably no precedent to the breadth of real-time intelligence Israel receives in this manner, thanks to the “co-operators” set up by the security services before Israel’s pullout from the Gaza Strip three years ago and to the availability of mobile phones. Their apprehension has been a major Hamas objective. More than 100 suspected informants were held in a Hamas prison that was bombed this week. Many escaped. Wounded prisoners were taken to hospitals, where several were shot dead by Gazans who blamed relatives’ deaths on information handed to Israel.
And yet international media outlets are still gearing up to blame the degradation of Hamas’s medical infrastructure on Israel. Strange, that.
* Oh-So-Brave Hamas Soldiers Fleeing Into Mosques And Hospitals [MR]
* Report: Hamas hiding most potent missiles under Gaza hospital [Israel Today]
* Trick or treaty? Israel’s defence minister Ehud Barak keeps everyone guessing [The Australian]
* ISRAEL-OPT: Gaza health services on brink of collapse [BBS]
* More Hypocrisy From Anti-Israel Medical Boycott Advocates
* New Data Confirms Old Data: Blaming Israel For Gaza’s Medical Collapse Is A Vicious Lie
* Palestinians Firing Missile Barrages At Israeli Hospitals Treating Gaza Residents (Plus: Israeli Response Somewhat Underwhelming, Constrained)