So you’re an Iranian-Hezbollah-Hamas war planner. You’ve successfully redefined victory as “having the international community stop Israel before they’re done dismantling you.” You know that much of the world is eager for evidence of “disproportionate force” and that you can count on photojournalists to provide it. So naturally you provoke a war.
Problem: Israel is being exquisitely careful. They’re availing themselves of new US-made GBU-39′s specifically designed to maximize the depth and minimize the breadth of explosions. There’s a map somewhere – constructed through years of painstaking intel gathering – that displays Gaza building by building and identifies which structures can safely be left standing. Well over 9 out of every 10 casualties have been confirmed Hamas soldiers. Israel is even sending in aid and evacuating the wounded to Israeli hospitals. So the pictures of wounded children – while there will inevitably be some – just aren’t coming in fast enough for the propaganda mill.
Solution: make it up:
The Washington Post just published the following photo from Gaza — shot and captioned by an Arab photographer… Are the three children on the other stretcher wounded? Or dressing? Actually, if you read the text carefully, it doesn’t say the children are wounded, but that they are photographed with a wounded man. My suspicion is that were there real blood on these children’s bodies the photographer would have included it in his photo. Apparently, Gaza journalists are having trouble finding civilians among the casualties. Reports estimate 90% of killed are “militants.”
No wonder the Israeli government has to dispatch high-level spokespeople every few minutes to counter the anti-Israel demonization that masquerades as objective journalism.
References and previously after the jump…
* IAF uses new US-supplied smart bomb [JPost]
* A year’s intel gathering yields ‘alpha hits’ [JPost]
* Gaza casualty rate: 94% terrorists, so far [Yourish]
* Barak allows transfer of 100 trucks to Gaza Strip with aid [JPost]
* Israel to take Gaza wounded in for treatment, open crossings [JPost]
* * WaPo steps in Pallywood Doodoo? Something Smells [Augean Stables]
* Israel launches well-coordinated PR blitz to garner support for Gaza action [JPost]
* Here’s the Thing About the Anti-Israel Media: They Lie – 48 Hour Ceasefire Edition
* Visual Demonstration That the Media Lies
* UPI International Editor Lives in a Pathetic, Anti-Israel Fantasy World