Isn’t it weird how Israel “attacks Palestinians” while the Palestinians merely “respond”? I ask only because it seems – to the extent that we’re still supposed to use words that more or less are in touch with reality – that things happened in the opposite order. This afternoon Palestinians succeeded in killing another Israeli civilian. This is no different than anything else they’ve been trying to do for months. But now – somehow – it’s magically a “response” to Israel’s attacks.
Meanwhile Carl quotes a NYT article showing that Israel’s strikes – despite having to hit Hamas installations embedded in civilian areas – were as pinpoint as possible:
For those of you who have watched the videos further down the page, I am sure that you noticed that all of the victims in the live shots were adult males. Now, even the New York Times is confirming that the ‘vast majority’ of those killed are Hamas police and security men… The center of Gaza City instantly became a scene of chaotic horror, with rubble everywhere, sirens wailing, and women shrieking as dozens of mutilated bodies were laid out on the pavement and in the lobby of Shifa Hospital so that family members could identify them. The vast majority of those killed were Hamas police officers and security men, including two senior commanders, but the dead included several construction workers and at least two children in school uniforms.
Here’s the thing though: if you click through to that story those paragraphs have disappeared. But you know that the article existed because even the hand-wringing anti-Israel morons at Feministe quoted it. This kind of post-hoc media sanitation is becoming something of a trend.
* Kassam shrapnel kills Netivot man [JPost]
* NY Times: ‘Vast majority of those killed Hamas police and security men’ [Israel Matzav]
* Israeli Gaza Strike Kills More Than 200 [NYT]
* State Dept Media Outlets Scrub “Hamas Kills Palestinians” Story, Replace It With “Israel Kills Palestinians” Story [MR]
* Hamas Rockets And Missiles Hit Israeli Mall, Injure 3. It’s Almost Like There’s No Ceasefire At All!
* Israel Suiting Up For Gaza Op?
* Hamas Celebrates Official End Of Ceasefire By Launching Rockets, Taking Pot Shots At Israeli Civilians