Not that you’d know it given how they and their propagandists they say the opposite:
This article combines two common Iranian propaganda themes. One is that Jews are well-treated and religiously free in Iran. The other is that the current regime values and cares for the country’s pre-Islamic cultural heritage. Head of Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Office in Hamedan province said the old and valuable place of Esther and Mordecai tomb has been registered in country’s national works list.
Soccer Dad is right to imply that – actually – Iran destroys pretty much anything that conflicts with their political and religious ideology. Centuries-old trees? Too pagan. The Persepolis palace? Too Persian. The tomb of Persian king Cyrus The Great? Too Jewy.
That this propaganda is utter nonsense, of course, won’t stop self-styled intellectuals from clinging to it as evidence of the mullocracy’s moderation and goodwill.
* IRNA: "Jewish shrine in Iran registered as national work" [Soccer Dad]
* IRAN: Old trees cut in name of Islamic purity [Babylon And Beyond]
* The Iranian Cultural and Natural Heritage Year [Imani / American Thinker]
* Iran Plans on Destroying Tomb of King Cyrus, Friend of the Jews [A7]
* Fear Of Iran Triggers Biggest Middle East Arms Race Ever
* Surprise: Ahmadinejad-Hugging, Israel-Condemning UN General Assembly President Is An Anti-Western Marxist Hack
* Speaker Of Iranian Parliament: Of Course We Want Obama To Win