Within the last month Hamas has legislated sharia law in the Gaza Strip, embraced child martyrdom with ever greater enthusiasm, and gone out of their way to kill Jews. Within the last month Al Qaeda-style jihadists have imposed sharia law in Somalia, been discovered running a child suicide bomber camp in Iraq, and tortured and killed Jews in Mumbai.
But the child martyrdom stuff isn’t exactly a surprise. And Gazan jihadists have been openly calling for a global Islamic state for months. So while this story is obviously true I’m not totally convinced it counts as news even if
Al-Qaida-type Salafi Islam is rising in popularity within the ranks of Hamas. This trend is particularly noticeable in the movement’s armed wing, the Izzadin Kassam Brigades. Observation of this process shows that attempts to draw a clear dividing line between the “nationalist” Muslim Brotherhood-inspired Islamism of Hamas and the Salafi trend can no longer be sustained. The growth of Salafism within Hamas is part of a larger pattern of increasingly extreme Islamic piety and practice in Gaza… This friction notwithstanding, the rise of supporters of al-Qaida ideology within Hamas cannot be seen in a vacuum. Rather, it is an element of a broader process of the Islamization of many aspects of public life taking place in the Gaza Strip.
But you can see how it might seem surprising to people who rely on Hamas-sheilding news outlets like CNN:
Here’s another mind-boggling example of CNN’s bias, as they show a horrific video of the indoctrination of 5-year old Palestinian children into terrorism—and clip out the worst part… My last post about CNN correspondent Ben Wedeman’s July 10th report from Nablus warned that we were working on major aspects of this report and had serious concerns about the honesty and accuracy of it. There is now good reason to believe that Wedeman and CNN have seriously compromised their professional and ethical obligations in this matter.
For completion’s sake – and also to show how indistinguishable these lunatics are – here’s that Hamas video…
… and here’s an AQI video from earlier this year:
So I’m pretty psyched that Robert Malley – who was of course dumped by the Obama campaign as a “distraction” for his regular contacts with Hamas – is now back to being an Obama surrogate. Because those people seem amenable to dialogue.
* Yet another step in the establishment of a totalitarian “Islamic Emirate” in the Gaza Strip: the Hamas administration announces that it is now drawing a new bill, imposing also shari’ah-based penal codes on the Gaza Strip [Terrorism.info]
* Iranian And Palestinian Lunatics Brainwashing Toddlers To Embrace Genocide, “Kill Jewish Children” [MR]
* Hamas Mortar Hits Israeli Base, Risks Large-Scale IDF Gaza Op [MR]
* Raid uncovers al-Qaida network of child suicide bombers in Iraq [Guardian]
* Mumbai Chabad victims laid to rest [JTA]
* Analysis: Al-Qaida-style extremism gains real power within Hamas [JPost]
* Islam world group marches in Gaza for first time [IHT]
*CNN Whitewashes Monstrous Palestinian Child Abuse Video [LGF]
* Top Obama Adviser Carries Obama Foreign Policy To Logical Conclusion – Meets With Hamas And Then Resigns So It Won’t Be A “Distraction” [MR]
* Syria: On Second Thought, We’re Gonna Wait A Few More Months Before Talking About A Peace Deal (UPDATED AND BUMPED: Assad Convinced By Malley Not Brzezinski?) [MR]
* Palestinian Declarations Of Peace A Little Exaggerated
* Gaza Palestinians Shake Shaky Ceasefire With Anti-Tank Missile, Rockets At Israeli Schools and Hospitals. Again.
* Shaky Ceasefire Now Being Shaken Daily By Hamas Rockets