Jerusalem is holy to two religions – Islam and Christianity, Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayad said at the UN-organized interfaith peace conference on Wednesday night. Fayad failed to mention the importance of Israel’s capital to the Jewish people, Israel Radio reported. “Jerusalem is home to the third most holy place to Islam, the place where Muhammad rose to the heavens, and the place where Jesus, the Christian, was resurrected,” the Palestinian leader proclaimed.
When the US decided to renew contacts with the Palestinians after that messy “they elected a bunch of genocidal lunatics” thing, they did it by approaching Fayad because he was ostensibly a moderate who could be trusted with billions in security and development assistance. Any chance they called that putt a little too early?
* Fayad fails to mention Judaism among faiths devoted to Jerusalem [JPost]
* Moderate Palestinian State Department Darling: We “Cherish The Path” Of Genocidal Hamas Lunatic Ahmed Yassin [MR]
* That Thing About the US Promising To Boycott the Hamas Government? They Lied. [MR]
* US working with Fayad on way to channel funds [JPost]
* Olmert Totally Incoherent On Why He Won’t Approve Gaza Operation
* Olmert Settlement Position Triggers Palestinian Blah Blah Blah
* Bush: Actually, Not So Much With The Peace Process Thing This Year