Excluding the unseemly hatred of the Jewish State that simmers beneath so much of liberal activism, the environmental movement’s demonization of Israel might seem strange. The Arab states, after all, are the ones who rejected a region-wide UN eco-center – because the Israelis are just too Jewish to cooperate with. Also, there’s this:
Palestinian fishermen catch and kill a giant sea turtle, thought to be a Leatherback, an endangered species. The rare giant sea turtle caught on a beach near Gaza City was slaughtered and eaten by Palestinian fishermen who said its blood was an aphrodisiac, among other therapeutic qualities. A Reuters cameraman said the fishermen collected the giant turtle’s blood and gave it to children suffering from trauma and adults with back problems.
The kids’ participation is particularly charming:
Well, you know, they’re all very frustrated. So you can see why the turtle had to die. Israeli doctors, on the other hand, are in intense efforts to save that very species.
* Greens, Calling for Palestinian Rights, Urge Divestment from Israel [US Green Party]
* Arab states reject proposed UN eco-center for including Israel [JPost]
* Rare Giant Turtle Killed in Gaza [TheSilentMaxim / YouTube]
* Video: Israeli Vets Care For Endangered Animals [LGF]
* UN: "Distractions" Are Causing Gaza Students To Flunk Math And Arabic [Videos]
* All the News You Could Have Already Guessed. Now With More Snark.
* Kids Being Brainwashed To Hate Jews In Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Gaza, Egypt, Iran, Etc Etc [Videos]