Next to “what we had for lunch,” this is perhaps the definition of a self-indulgent post that ought not be blogged. But please – no more action alerts about these:
* The new Nintendo game where you rescue Jewish kids from the Holocaust. The only thing that makes us think twice about not caring is that it puts us on the same side as the ADL – and on the issue of new communications technologies, no less. But still, don’t care.
* Livni calling the Israeli-Arab conflict “the sexiest conflict in the world:”
“I know the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the sexiest conflict in the world and everyone wants to be involved,” said Livni, who visited Washington earlier in the week. “I think the world should leave it to us. There is no need to push us. It is about our lives.”
The only reason we might kind of care is that we wish we would have come up with it. It’s an objectively good line. But we probably would have ruined it with some heavy-handed punchlining like “… and now the EU is trying to turn this State Department – White House – Arab League threeway into a full blown orgy.” We just don’t know when to leave the understated enthymeme alone. It’s a stylistic flaw. We’re working on it. And regardless, don’t care.
* Merkel speaking to the Knesset in German. Don’t care. Really.
* ADL Thinks Real Hard, Identifies Religious Threat to American Jews – Christians!
* It’s Tuesday, So the ADL is Concerned About Evangelical Christians
* Some Jews Are Very Stupid – LA Jewish Journal Edition