Do you think they’ll be like the UNIFIL force in Lebanon that collaborates with Hezbollah or the EU force in Gaza that allows Hamas free reign? Because those distinctions matter. Fuck:
The US is preparing a plan to station third party troops in the West Bank to secure the area after an Israeli withdrawal and before the Palestinian Authority can take over full security control, The Jerusalem Post has learned. Retired Marine Gen. James Jones accompanied by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, speaks at the State Department in Washington. The issue of how to deal with the period between when Israel leaves large swaths of the West Bank and the PA is able to take over control is likely to be discussed during talks President George W. Bush will hold in Jerusalem and in the PA on Wednesday and Thursday. US Special Envoy for Middle East Security James Jones has been assigned the task of preparing a plan on this issue within six moths.
We’ve actually got a post about James Jones that we have to finish up and push live, but in the meantime: IDF officials have been screaming for months that the Rice sent Jones to Israel just to screw them. So it’s a shock that this is the policy he’s come up with.
This Bush trip is going to work out great. We couldn’t be more ecstatic.
* Take Away Hezbollah’s Collaborators, Human Shields, And Useful Idiots. Disband UNIFIL Now. [MR]
* EU Again Backs Out of Monitoring Agreement, Endangers Israeli Security [MR]
* US considers interim international force in West Bank [JPost]
* Officials: Jones will press Israel to take risks [JPost]
* State Department Deliberately Circumvents Anti-Terrorism Laws, Funds Hamas
* State Department Gets Bright Idea: Let’s Screw Israel Even More By Bundling Syria Into The Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process
* State Department, UN Make Things Up To Coerce Israeli Concessions, Scapegoat Israel When Plans Fail (Plus: Hezbollah Now Openly Bragging About Using Civilian Human Shields)