Every time they promise to consider making peace – and especially in the leadup to Annapolis – the Palestinians receive previously unprecedented amounts of aid. Every time they abandon even the pretense of acknowledging Israel – such as when Hamas took over the Gaza Strip – the Palestinians receive previously unprecedented amounts of aid.
We found this CAMERA study through a Minneapolis economics blogger named Captain Capitalism. It looks at what happens to the number of people Palestinians murder in the year after an increase or decrease in aid. Hmm:
Every time aid increases, homicides increase. Every time it decreases, homicides decrease. There’s a not uncompelling theory about how cultures degenerate into corruption and depravity when they have to rely on outsiders to literally feed and clothe them. That explains some of what’s going on, but it isn’t enough to explain such a strong and consistent correlation.
A lot of the correlation is probably accounted for by the simple fact that all humanitarian assistance is de facto security assistance. More US and EU money for schools and hospitals means that the Palestinians can shift their Saudi and Iranian money towards guns and ammo. Which may help explain why Palestinians are able to kill more people every time they get aid, and why they’re forced to kill less people every time it’s taken away (h/t: Paul)
* US Unviels $410 Million’s Worth Of Assistance That Will Shortly Be Siezed By Hamas [MR]
* How Much Did Palestinian Aid Increase After the Hamas Election? [MR]
* Questions about Palestinian Aid [CAMERA]
* Why "Humanitarian Aid" is a Myth (Or: the Definition of the Word Fungible) [MR]
* US State Department Has Been Funding Hamas Terrorists For Years. No Kidding.
* Not Content With Not Cutting Off Palestinian Aid, US Will Actually Increase Funding to Supporters of Terrorism
* Hamas Trying To Turn Gaza Into A Humanitarian Disaster – They’re Stopping Gazans From Getting Medical Aid