Like great music, the old classics of pathological terrorism cum intentional complicity never die. Last time Hamas pulled this stunt they were refusing to bring food into Gaza from any point other than the Karni crossing – which by a strange coincidence Israel had just closed off because of a specific threat against that specific crossing. Then they screamed hysterically about how the evil Zionists were starving them – a claim dutifully picked up by Reuters and the Red Cross.
Now it’s vegetables:
Hamas has actually been stopping Israeli humanitarian assistance at all the crossings. In June they set up roadblocks to block ambulances from evacuating people murdered during their “we were elected so we’re going to take power” rout of Fatah. Last week they actually threatened to mow down Palestinians trying to return to their families through the Kerem Shalom crossing:
In other news, the permanent investigator assigned by the UN to track Israeli human rights violations still has a job. Presumably he came into work this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to identify the real humanitarian threat in the region.
* Would Palestinian Officials Intentionally Starve Palestinian Civilians Just So They Could Demonize Israel? We Think They Would… [MR]
* Vulgar Palestinian Propaganda Succeeds with International Media – Again! [MR]
* Palestinians Intentionally Create Humanitarian Crisis, Red Cross and Reuters Parrot Their Claims [MR]
* Hamas Trying To Turn Gaza Into A Humanitarian Disaster – They’re Stopping Gazans From Getting Medical Aid [MR]
* Hamas bans Israeli produce in Gaza [JPost]
* Hamas threats keep crossing closed [JPost]